HistoryOriginally built to '190E 16V 2.5 Evolution II' spec and raced in the 1992 DTM by Jaques Laffite, and in the 1993 DTM by Stig Amthor. In early 1994 the car was run by Zakspeed and driven by Ingmar Persson in German endurance races before being sold to Phil Ward and shipped to Australia.
With the 2.5-litre engine replaced with a 2.0-litre unit the car debuted in the Lakeside round of the 1994 Australian Class II Championship, replacing the earlier car Ward had used up to that point.
At the Bathurst 1000 later that year the car would be driven by Jamie Miller and Peter McKay.
The following year Ward would again race the car in the Australian Super Touring Championship but would withdraw after the opening two meetings.
In 1996 both this and the earlier car were sold to Ecurie Atlanta for a planned entry in the North American Touring Car Championship. Martin Stretton drove the car at the opening round of the season at Lime Rock but crashed out of the first race, and the team were not seen of again.
Both cars were sold to Florida based Mercedes-Benz dealership where they remained until 2004 before being purchased by Hall Miller, who sold both cars in 2012.